SaaS SERVICE ATTACHMENT – Accent SaaS Communication Platform
Last updated: April 8, 2022
This Service Attachment is a part of the Master Service Agreement with Accent, which includes the terms and conditions agreed to by the Parties under which Accent will provide the Accent SaaS Communication Platform (“Accent SaaS”) to Customer.
1. Accent SaaS is a software-based phone system and unified communication software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) platform that provides enterprise-class voice, call routing and handling, desktop and mobile apps, VoIP phone support, and bring your own device (“BYOD”) capability. Accent PSO includes.
1.1 Business Phone System, including extension-to-extension calling, configurable call routing, and the ability to make and receive calls external phone calls via third-party services delivering access to and from the public switched telephone network (“PSTN”).
1.2 Video meetings and conferencing service, including screen sharing.
1.3 Collaboration Tools, including One-to-One and Team Chat, File Sharing, and other innovative tools.
2. Accent SaaS shall be deployed onsite within the Customer’s LAN via either Customer provided hardware and computing resources or via Accent provided resources. The specific details shall be outlined within the Customer accepted Service Quote and Statement of Work detailing the Services to be installed.
3. Accent SaaS may be accessed from a variety of user End Points, including VoIP Desk Phones, Desktop Clients, Web Clients, and Mobile Applications.
4. Accent SaaS requires communication with the Accent Network via the public Internet for desktop and mobile app software access, video meetings, remote administration, software updates, system maintenance, and license assurance. Disconnection of the Accent SaaS from the Accent Network will render Accent SaaS licensing temporarily invalid and limit the system capabilities until resolved. The Accent SaaS, Accent Network, and any other services provided shall be operated and maintained at the sole discretion of Accent and within the physical location or locations of Accent’s choosing. Accent shall not be obligated under any agreement to allow Customer or Customer personnel access to the operations of the Accent Network via either physical or virtual means.
5. Upon any agreement cancellation, termination, or expiration, Customer shall relinquish any and all access rights to the Accent SaaS and its associated components, including but not limited to software access, system licensing, system administration, phone system capabilities, call detail records, desktop and mobile applications, video meetings, VoIP phone support, and inbound/outbound PSTN access.
6. Throughout the term of any agreement executed by Accent and Customer and upon any agreement cancellation, termination, or expiration, Accent shall retain sole ownership of all Accent SaaS software, Accent IP Rights, and the Accent Network including but not limited to all hardware and software related to Service delivery, and Accent Network operations.
SERVICE PERFORMANCE & DESIGN
- VOICE & CALL QUALITY: Accent is committed to delivering a level of quality of the user experience which is consistent with common expectations of business-grade VoIP phone systems. Customer acknowledges assessment of voice quality is subjective and difficult to measure and depends on a variety of technical and environmental factors. These factors include but are not limited to LAN/WAN reliability, LAN/WAN latency, LAN/WAN jitter, network loss, and local network performance of Customer owned and operated network equipment. Customer further acknowledges these factors and others related to delivering VoIP phone system services are outside of the scope of Accent’s control and Accent shall not be held responsible for voice/call quality degradation which is a result of these stated items or other items outside of Accent’s control. Voice and call quality for all Accent services is subject to the criteria set forth in the Technical Sufficiency Criteria Exhibit within the Agreement.
- VIDEO QUALITY: Accent is committed to delivering a level of quality of the user experience which is consistent with common expectations of business-grade video conferencing service. Customer acknowledges assessment of video quality is subjective and difficult to measure and depends on a variety of technical and environmental factors. These factors include but are not limited to Internet Service Provider (ISP) reliability, ISP latency, ISP jitter, ISP network loss, Customer PC or device, and Customer local network performance including Customer owned/provided network equipment or devices. Customer further acknowledges these factors and others related to delivering video service are outside of the scope of Accent’s control and Accent shall not be held responsible for video quality degradation which is a result of these stated items or other items outside of Accent’s control. Video quality for all Accent services is subject to the criteria set forth in the Technical Sufficiency Criteria Exhibit within the Agreement.
- PSTN SERVICES ACCESS: Unless otherwise agreed upon by both Parties, access to the Public Switched Telephone Network shall be provided via third–party carrier services directly contracted by the Customer. Customer shall properly disclose the type and quantity of PSTN services to be delivered and integrated into the Accent PSO.
- VOICEMAIL TRANSCRIPTION: Voicemail transcription is an available service which transcribes voice messages received to a user’s voicemail account and delivers the transcription of the voicemail message along with a copy of the audio file to the user via email. Machine transcription is a best effort service and accuracy has many dependencies, including, but not limited to, audio quality, audio codec, audio compression rate, speaker speed, speaker accent and environmental noise. Under acceptable acoustic and speaker conditions, Accent provides a machine transcription accuracy target of 70%. Failure by Accent to deliver these transcription accuracy targets will not constitute a basis for any refund of Service fees or cancellation of Services.